Saturday, March 18, 2006

They're calling again


It's the weekend. The day after St Patrick's Day. The more precocious of Carolyn's two cats has pawed my forehead and the sun shining through wide, shutter-free windows casts it's glare across my pillow around 11. They day begins with coffee, talk of a day trip and much non-committal faffing about before energy is mustered and we leave crack of noon for the ferry and drive to the Olympic Mountains.

The view from Hurricane Ridge is absolutely magnificant - an on top of the world kind of vista. The novelty of snow has yet to wear thin. I send a postcard of as much to my big brother with a comical little 'Steph was here' note and arrow scrawled on it. Graham writes back, "Your postcard has made its way on to the fridge. Ethan [my nephew age 4] now thinks you live at the top of a snow covered mountain and I don't see any reason to correct him."

Obscure Tangents

Seattle native Gary Lasater and Nancy McFaul opened this delecatable business in the grand year of 1976. The perfect escape for crumpet and tea...

the Crumpet Shop
1503 1st Avenue
Pike Place Market
Seattle, WA 98101

"Hey baby I hear the blues a'callin', Tossed salads and scrambled eggs (Quite stylish), And maybe I seem a bit confused, Well, maybe, but I got you pegged! Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! But I don't know what to do with those, Tossed salads and scrambled eggs..

They're calling again.

Goodnight Seattle, we love you!" Frasier